Welcome to show number 2017.19!
- Nova Scotia election. w00t!
- Majority government back-to-back for the first time in 29 years
- Kelly is turning into a gurl-gurl
- Jon admits to never remembering which pill does what in the Matrix
- 06:40 – Jon’s talks Tor
- 19:50 – Kelly’s Corner
- 31:00 – Cooperstown News!
- Jon forgot to mention that the Alt 2600 Hacker Quarterly calendar shows that the biggest hack of 1984 (wha??) was TRW (Experian). Yes, a massive, per-internet hack.
The JaK Attack! 2017.19 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 37:30 — 17.2MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2017.11
- Sorry for the week break. We had to recover from the Billy Talent concert in Halifax!!
- Kelly has had enough of fish talk, but can’t help mentioning that she read something about a guy who made a wheelchair for his fish. wut?
- Canada’s 150th is this year. July 1st. w00t! Kelly found that there’s even a Google Doodle contest for $10,000 smackers!
- Jon needs to start building a fictional child to submit his Google Doodle for him.
- Kelly saves Jon $4,000 by pointing out he doesn’t have to build a bubble.
- Jon is gonna start messing with the Damn Vulnerable Website Application.
- 11:45 – Kelly’s Corner
- 21:00 – Jon talks about ProtonMail VPN
- AKA ProtonVPN
- Native client only for Windows for now. Unix use OpenVPN package, macOS use Tunnelblick.
- Kelly is curious about when a life membership would terminate.
- There is more than two people in r/Protonmail and they want calendars, goddammit!
- ProtonVPN has a Tor OpenVPN configuration file.
- 32:40 – Cooperstown News
- Apparently, it’s all doom and gloom in Cooperstown. Get it together, Cooperstown!
- The only good thing happened five days ago.
- 35:00 – Shout outs and Bork outs
- Shout out to the Natural Environment Research Counsel in the UK for their sense of humour in naming a submersible Boaty McBoatface!
- Kelly believes in the overwhelmingly power of stupidity.
- Damn Vulnerable Web Application bugs are funny.
- Kelly sounds the idiot alert!!!
- If you have a podcast, send us your promo! We’ll play it. And you can download our promo here!
The JaK Attack! 2017.11 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:51 — 20.1MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2017.7 (we got nothing)
- Our domain name sucks.
- Kelly’s Tomb Raider Penguin Girl is on her page now!
- Rogue One! Rogue One!
- We have advanced to the point where we no longer need humans to be humans
- Humans too close to being human drop us into the Uncanny Valley
- 13:45 – Jon talks about 2600 Hacker Quarterly
- Hacking is the new phreaking
- Cap’n Crunch whistle opens doors…
- Rescuing fake memory devices using h2testw.exe (not linking to anything because I don’t know what’s safe)
- 30:00 Kelly gives up her corner!
- Just to be clear, there’s no Kelly’s Corner. Sans corner. Corner-less
- 30:49 Shout outs and bork outs
- Slack is a good thing, but not a good chat thing
- Smarmy Microsoft letter
- Yay for threaded conversations! Thanks, from 1990!
- Boo for threaded conversations! The implementation sucks!
- Standard Shit Sandwich
- 34:00 Coopers Town Crier
- 44:00 We sing Happy Birthday to Linc!
- Other notes
The JaK Attack! 2017.7 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 46:09 — 21.1MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number swooshie! swooshie! (Semaphore!)
- Kelly rejects the cry of “I’m not interested!”
- Jon suggests “I don’t give a crap!”
- Kelly still owns KellyPenguinGirl.com
- 09:00 Kelly’s Corner “The man who sold his back to an art dealer”
- Pigs with tattoos
- AKA – is it legal to skin humans?
- Jon thinks of the Chuck Mangione
- 22:00 Jon talks about TOR
- All KDE apps start with K to not conflict with anything
- It’s BLUUUUU, Kelly!
- Jon’s going to build a TOR service
- It’s hard to torrent over TOR
- The Internet IS A SERIES OF TUBES!
- Full disclosure: Jon is probably not on a no-fly list
- 28:00 The TOR “nobody nodes my sorrow” song!
- 40:30 Shout outs and Bork Outs
- Kelly lurves her Spotify. Daily play lists are the bomb
- Jon doesn’t understand why he needs a cell phone number to have a cell phone plan
- Gas stations are for gas, phone stores are for phones.
- 48:40 Coopers Town Crier. Our twin town!
- email us at email@example.com
The JaK Attack! 2017.6 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:34 — 23.2MB) | Embed