Welcome to show number 2017.28!
- Kelly gets waylaid into starting the show!
- Kelly finally agrees that perhaps the most important person at the wedding may not be the Maid of Honour
- 03:57 – Kelly’s Corner
- The iPhone 8 is here, but nobody knows why.
- The Roman iPhone X is coming!
- Probably almost nobody knows what a Bravo Zulu is.
- The trade off between battery life and big screens never ends
- Qi (pronounced Chee) wireless charging will have to hold us over until the AirPower thingy comes out in 2018
- the iPhone 8 and X will not be able to use GB LTE. Whaaaa?
- The incremental improvement of iPhones is pretty slooooow
- 27:00 – Jon talks about the problems with iTerm2
- Kelly thinks the app is named “I turned 2”. like. just. what?
- Turn off the “Perform DNS lookups to check if URLs are valid” setting in iTerm2. Or upgrade to 3.1.1
- By default, iTerm2 is sending a whole bunch of data off your computer in plain text to DNS resolvers
- Kelly tries to kill Jon with the microphone
- Jon hates and loves the TouchBar iTerm2 integration
- 40:00 – Cooperstown News