Welcome to show number 2017.31!
- Jon rearranged his own office. For the first time ever. Without Kelly.
- Kelly takes epically long baths. EPIC!!
- Our 70’s bar in the living room is no more
- Kelly’s website is here!
- 08:00 – Kelly’s Corner
- Facts about Remembrance Day
- 10 quick facts about Remembrance day from the Veterans Affairs Canada site
- 2,300,000 Canadians have served, over 100,000 have died in service
- King’s-Edgehill is in Windsor and the oldest independent school in the commonwealth (outside the UK)
- 20:00 – Jon talks about Facebook shadow profiles
- Facebook collects profile data on people who don’t even have Facebook accounts
- This data comes from other people uploading their contacts, their pictures, and other correlating data
- We see this in the people that Facebook recommends to you as people you may know.
- Facebook, a site that doesn’t even allow porn, wants you to upload your revenge porn to stop other people from uploading that porn. Wut?
- Minute 27 is when the show turns…
- Kelly stubbornly refuses to learn what a hash is
- Now Kelly knows what revenge porn is.
- 42:00 – Cooperstown news
- There’s a lot of bake sales – mostly at churches – around town this week
- Jon is sure Boy Scouts have Jamborees
The JaK Attack! 2017.31 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 48:27 — 23.6MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2017.26!
- Jon channels Ed McMahon
- Kelly will not let Jon speak about his trip to Temecula
- Kelly went to a bachelorette partay!
- Schoolhouse Brewery in Windsor is awesome
- 10:00 Kelly’s Corner
- A newly found Jackson Pollock may go for $15 million. Is that even a real number?
- Check out what “found” stuff sells for!
- Jon wants to know about the biggest barn ever found
- Kelly explains its not a barn that’s found – it is founds in the barn
- Jon expresses skepticism in the original moon landing (studio staged conspiracy supporter)
- Kelly says that there is money in sunken treasure – 1857 – the sunken SS Central America
- Jon worries about global economy with the sudden finding of 1billion of old gold!!!!!
- Kelly is still pissed off that Kate Winslet did not find room for Leonardo DiCaprio
- 22:45 – Jon talks about iTerm2
- Kelly agrees to watch Mr. Robot! winwinwin
- The Broken Arrow fiasco
- Terminals, shells, and consoles, oh my!
- Remember OS/2 WARP!!!!? Good times…ah, good times…
- Jon tries to remember shell tools like Pine, TIN, and Lynx
- Yakuake and Guake made Jon fall in love with drop-down terminals
- We laugh at the Canadian Navy and their OS/2 and Windows systems. Hahahaha.
- Jon talks abut his work flow – this allows a drop down terminal that doesn’t disrupt this
- Jon discovers he was a sailor, a tinkerer, and a soldier – one more thing to do
- likes drop down menu , drop down to another desk top, loves the tmux terminal – multiplexer allows you to split panes
- Jon is all about the copy and paste clipboard history. Kelly doesn’t care – convenience or security
- also likes that you can assign colours for different cursors – and you can locate your cursor – Kely hates when you loose your cursor
- 40:00 – Shout Outs and Bork Outs
- 51:40 – Cooperstown News
- Tax auction in Otsego County!
- Sorry – gotta get the phone…
- The county does well on its tax delinquent auction!
- Kelly schools Jon on what property tax losses look like
- Find us at:
The JaK Attack! 2017.26 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:10 — 38.0MB) | Embed