Welcome to show number 2018.34
- First show of 2018! We’re keeping the episode #’s going (34, in this case)
- Last show of 2017 is episode 17.33
- We went to the Dominican Republic for Christmas!
- Kelly is unhappy with the mood of the West Jet crew going home because they were so awesome on the way there
- West Jet pro tip: do not count down when the plane is taking off. Freaks passengers out.
- 05:00 (or so?) – Jon talks about Scott Galloway’s book The Four
- Apple: Made itself into a luxury brand on cheap products
- Amazon: Is really just a distribution system to collect competitors
- Google: Is in the business of collecting data to sell ads against
- Facebook: Could be theoretically be regulated out of existence
- Uber and AirBNB look the same, but they’re not
- 34:00 – Kelly’s Corner
- We stayed at the Gran Ventana resort in Puerto Plata, DR
- 500+ rooms
- 3 restaurants and the buffet was awesome
- 39:30 – Cooperstown News
- Sushi recall from Price Chopper! Return your sushi!
- Jon does not know what listeria is
- 40:00 – Shout Outs and Bork Outs
- Kelly borks out Sam Smith for being sooooo laaaame
- Find us on Facebook
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The JaK Attack! 2018.34 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:56 — 22.7MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2017.31!
- Jon rearranged his own office. For the first time ever. Without Kelly.
- Kelly takes epically long baths. EPIC!!
- Our 70’s bar in the living room is no more
- Kelly’s website is here!
- 08:00 – Kelly’s Corner
- Facts about Remembrance Day
- 10 quick facts about Remembrance day from the Veterans Affairs Canada site
- 2,300,000 Canadians have served, over 100,000 have died in service
- King’s-Edgehill is in Windsor and the oldest independent school in the commonwealth (outside the UK)
- 20:00 – Jon talks about Facebook shadow profiles
- Facebook collects profile data on people who don’t even have Facebook accounts
- This data comes from other people uploading their contacts, their pictures, and other correlating data
- We see this in the people that Facebook recommends to you as people you may know.
- Facebook, a site that doesn’t even allow porn, wants you to upload your revenge porn to stop other people from uploading that porn. Wut?
- Minute 27 is when the show turns…
- Kelly stubbornly refuses to learn what a hash is
- Now Kelly knows what revenge porn is.
- 42:00 – Cooperstown news
- There’s a lot of bake sales – mostly at churches – around town this week
- Jon is sure Boy Scouts have Jamborees
The JaK Attack! 2017.31 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 48:27 — 23.6MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2017.28!
- Doesn’t anyone remember the Internet Archive?
- The waaaaaayback machine!
- We seriously just kicked a tree off a roof. That’s how we roll. We’z lumberjacks, beyotches!
- Kelly got to hold a giant cheque today. Strike that off the ol bucket list. Yay, Rotary Toonie draw!
- She also bought shoes. SURPRISE!!!
- Jon’s 100 Men Who Give a Damn group also has a giant cheque!
- Humanity needs a quick 101 course of how to use the Facebook backgrounds
- 09:20 – Jon’s…um…corner?
- Bob Taylor can bake a bitching bumper for Jon!
- Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer/Edge, Apple Safari, and Mozilla Firefox comprise the bulk of browsers used in the world
- The first three are hell bent on harvesting your personal data for gain. They produce browsers are one of their harvesting tools
- Only Firefox just makes a browser for no other purpose than making a browser
- It’s slow. It’s clunky. It’s Firefox!
- Bing is like a venereal disease
- Google is an advertising company. Every product they have is another harvesting tool.
- Perfect marketing involves knowing who you are and what you want
- The search engines know what you want
- The social networks know who you are
- Now they’re all striving to collect enough personal data to get both together
- Has anyone ever heard of Google+? Srsly?
- Arguably, Firefox is more important now than ever before
- Jon is done scaring people. You’re on your own!!
- 27:35 – Kelly’s Corner
- 46:00 – Shout Outs & Bork Outs
- Kelly thinks The Big Dig construction crew did really well
- She also can’t stop thanking the Windsor Rotary for letting her hold a big cheque!
- Jon is angry at Foxy Proxy. WHY YOU BREAK MY THINGS???
- Judging from the reviews at the bottom of that page, everyone is mad
- 52:30 – Cooperstown News!
The JaK Attack! 2017.28 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:59 — 27.9MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2017.23!
- It’s the day after ‘Murica Day!
- Kelly likes the switching back and forth from acrylic to oil paints
- 06:50 – Jon’s rants
- Facebook and Google court rulings
- Why do these big companies bother to stand up to the courts?
- How low will law enforcement’s investigative skills fall?
- Kelly is pretty sure Judge Judy is New York State’s highest court
- Are Google and Facebook bystanders in these actions? Or do they have a real obligation to become involved above the arbitrary court rulings?
- How much value is actually realized by de-indexing something on Google?
- 23:00 – Kelly’s Corner
- 33:50 – Coopers VILLAGE news!
- No sidewalk sandwich boards.
- And on that note, where the heck is our sandwich board??
- 36:00 – Shout Outs and Bork Outs
- Superstore Garden Centre is rocking it!
The JaK Attack! 2017.23 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:34 — 18.1MB) | Embed