Welcome to show number 2018.38!
- Jon succeeds in being quiet for 32 seconds. VICTORY!
- Kelly has been prepping for her 9th annual Spring art show on May 6th The main benefactor this year is the Hants Foster – foster houses for the animals.
- Ms. Casey did not like Kelly’s noodle hat.
- Jon goes off on a tangent about why sugar is good for kids
- It’s hard to believe how much Jon knows about credit cards now. Too much PCI, too much PCI!!
- 10:00 – Jon talks about Epson ecotank printers!
- Somehow we end up talking about prescriptions, but back to printers
- Ecotank printers come with 2 years worth of ink
- Seems reasonable…rated at 150 pages per month, starting at about $240. If it works as described, it would be fairly inexpensive.
- The big issue is the vast span of time between now and two years from now. How can I be sure I will be able to buy ink in two years?
- Kelly does not want the inconvenience of purchasing single colours of ink.
- 26:00 – Kelly’s Corner
- 35:30 – Cooperstown News
- 38:00 – Shout Outs and Bork Outs
- Aldo Shoes gets a shot out from Kelly for amazingly fast delivery.
- Best Buy gets a bork out from Jon for amazingly slow delivery.
- Find us:
The JaK Attack! 2018.38 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 42:04 — 20.1MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2018.35!
- Jon is overwhelmed with thoughts about 3D printing, self-driving cars, ideas from Seth Stephens-Davidowitz book Everybody Lies
- Kelly has once again renovated the entire house entirely without Jon’s help
- She also participated in Argyle Fine Art Gallery’s Pre-Shrunk Show in downtown Halifax
- 03:35 – Kelly’s Corner
- Kelly uses cool hipster talk to tell us Eminem “dropped’ a new album
- Kelly talks about the robotic Somnox pillow
- She also finds a completely soft, gel-like, 1970s disco, robotic octopus pillow because we all need that, right?
- Kelly has changed her alignment to our robot overlords now that she sees the uprising coming
- 20:00 Jon talks mostly about 2D printing
- Kelly got Jon a Monoprice Mini 3D printer for Christmas
- Your basic entry-level 3D printing material is 1.75mm “PLA” filament
- Plastic extrusion manufacturing has been around a long time, but now we peons can afford it!
- 3D printing is really a hands-on hobbyist tool. It’s not something you can take out of the box, and start printing stuff
- Jon uses TinkerCAD.com to create things, Cura under WINE (Linux image does not work)to slice designs, and Octoprint to do the actual printing
- 33:00 – Cooperstown News
- Jon laughs a little too hard at the story of a man charged in Church arson.
- Kelly makes the fatal mistake of bringing up the show Black Mirror so Jon sets us straight on what’s wrong with season four
- Kelly’s Corner
- Find us on Facebook
- Email us at email@example.com
The JaK Attack! 2018.35 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 45:54 — 21.8MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2017.32!
Show Notes (sorry Kelly is soooo loud!!)
- Big Friday night show!
- Jon admits to not knowing if pigs actually speak Latin or not
- Kelly is loving her new studio
- She even has guest artists visiting!
- 07:00 – Jon’s talks us through the difference between iOS and Android malware and security
- 37:30 – Kelly’s corner
- Kelly explains the origins of Black Friday
- Some of the predominant theories about the origin are…ahem…bull crap
- The name is tied mostly to the number of people who call in sick on those days
- The first Santa Clause parade in 1905 by Eaton’s literally had Santa. That’s it. Just Santa
- Jon apparently has no clue what the 1920’s home life looked like
- 52:00 – Very brief Cooperstown news
- OK, a note about health care
- Find us on Facebook
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The JaK Attack! 2017.32 – OGG
Header image courtesy of https://wccftech.com/unknown-sources-main-source-of-android-trojan/
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:55 — 26.7MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number 2017.10!
- We made it to show number 10!
- We fondly reminisce about Wicked Lasers.
- No goddamn sharks, Kelly!
- Kelly is a Stacha’s Maid of Honour which is clearly more important than being the Bride.
- Fishology is a real thing, folks. Also, fish vets. Who knew?
- Sean Connery thinks that is so shellfish of you.
- Mach’s aquarium is pretty nice and he is suddenly married to Sasha.
- Jon wisely notes that all of our brain bits grow differently.
- The Amazon outage of 2017 was sucky.
- Jon brings up the spectre of Amazon Turk!
- 12:40 Jon bores us to death with pontification about Internet convergence
- YouTube TV is coming. MOAR TV!!!!!
- Telus tried ad-hoc $2/channel TV like 15 years ago.
- Curiosity Stream is a new entry into the market place. All sciencey and stuff.
- Spotify is going to offer lossless hifi packages.
- Jon does not like the Hi Fidelity Freaks and cannot remember the name Tidal.
- Using personal internet connections for everything is has tactical problems. The last mile is still too fragile.
- 26:45 Kelly’s Corner
- Kelly remind us of the guy who’s gonna get skinned from episode 6.
- And now she’s talking about dead people again. Gunther von Hagens skins people, injects them full of plastic, and takes them on the road. There. I said it.
- Kelly’s permanent internet record is a mess!
- 35:00 Shout outs and Bork Out
- Jon Borks Out Kelly’s Corner
- Bob Taylor made us new bumpers and a promo!
- 38:00 Cooperstown News
The JaK Attack! 2017.10 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 41:52 — 19.2MB) | Embed
Welcome to show number Insignia Red! and Peach Blush!
- Kelly uses hexadecimal colours to open the show!
- Jon shares the ways in which technology has wasted his time today.
- Kelly is showing at the Argyle Gallery “Pre-Shrunk Show”.
- The Press Gang is a nice place for dinner in Halifax, NS.
- Kelly can’t remember what it’s called when you throw stuff over the side in the Navy
- Clues are: throwing something off a boat, military, starts with a D
- 9:00 – Jon talks about the Papertrail Logging as a Service app!
- Kelly thinks Splunk is funny
- LAMP, LEMP…whatevah
- Jon is not allowed to jailbreak anything any more
- Papertrail provides the missing link to alert me when Fidonet net mail from 1990 arrives!
- 22:00 – Kelly’s Corner!
- 32:00 – Shout Outs ad Bork Outs!
- Kelly does not wait until the next episode.
- Shout out – great service at the Press Gang restaurant!
- Shout out – Elegiant fitness thing. Jon likes the notification thing.
- 40:00 – Coopers Town Crier
- Coppers Town is kicking butt in the Swim Meets!
- Close up – we now have OGGS!!!!!!
The JaK Attack! 2017.5 – OGG
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 45:36 — 31.3MB) | Embed