Welcome to show number 2017.32!
Show Notes (sorry Kelly is soooo loud!!)
- Big Friday night show!
- Jon admits to not knowing if pigs actually speak Latin or not
- Kelly is loving her new studio
- She even has guest artists visiting!
- 07:00 – Jon’s talks us through the difference between iOS and Android malware and security
- Sidebar about the state of Blackberry
- Jon takes us down mobile memory lane
- Danger HipTop/Sidekick in the early 2000’s
- Palm Pilots (Treo)
- Early phones had no apps. You were caught in the “walled garden”
- Google makes Android operating system and the apps are from the Google Play Store
- Apple makes iOS operating system and the apps are from the Apple App Store
- Jon speaks Pig Latin Pig Latin!!!
- Android devices have poor update penetration
- 1 year old Android “Nougat” is only installed on 14% of Android devices
- Kelly drops an F-bomb!
- iOS 11 is 40% and up
- The perfect storm is Google’s poor curating of the the Play Store combined with woefully outdated Android devices
- A mad brawl about NFC and Apple Pay ensues!
- Jon thinks Apple Pay is more secure than just a card
- Kelly vehemently disagrees.
- Encryption works – The FBI has 7,000 phones they can’t get into
- A fake WhatsApp app stayed in the Google Play store long enough for millions of people to download it
- The Apple App Store is not invulnerable. It’s had its share of bad malware outbreaks, too
- 37:30 – Kelly’s corner
- Kelly explains the origins of Black Friday
- Some of the predominant theories about the origin are…ahem…bull crap
- The name is tied mostly to the number of people who call in sick on those days
- The first Santa Clause parade in 1905 by Eaton’s literally had Santa. That’s it. Just Santa
- Jon apparently has no clue what the 1920’s home life looked like
- 52:00 – Very brief Cooperstown news
- OK, a note about health care
- Find us on Facebook
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Header image courtesy of https://wccftech.com/unknown-sources-main-source-of-android-trojan/